Consular Processing: Applying for permanent residence from outside the United States

For some people who wish to become permanent residents of the United States, their best option is to do “consular processing” – attending an interview at a U.S. Consulate in another country.  For example, if you live outside the United States, or if you are not eligible to apply for permanent residence from inside the United States, you might be eligible for consular processing at a U.S. Consulate – most likely the consulate in your own country.

Under the “Resources” section of our website, we have some brief documents that outline various aspects of Immigration Law.

Posted in Consular Processing and tagged , .